The Institute for Conflict Research is an organisation which specialises in working on issues related to conflict, human rights, social transformation and social justice. It is an independent not for profit company limited by guarantee with charitable status and managed by a board of directors drawn from the community, voluntary and academic sectors.
ICR undertakes a diverse range of work related to its core research activity. We
- Design, develop and source funding for research projects
- Respond to commissions and tenders, mainly from government departments and statutory bodies
- Develop and deliver training, community development and education work
- Tailor summer schools, residentials, tours and Northern Ireland induction programmes for non residents and overseas companies
- Produce and event manage conferences, arts initiatives and other
- Conduct research, support and training projects for and with community-based group
- Sit on a variety of government steering groups and panels locally and internationally
- Provide advice, support and assistance to academics, students, independent researchers, journalists and other professionals visiting the region
- Undertake the evaluation of a wide range of projects and programmes of work.
- Work in a range of partnerships locally and internationally including government departments, statutory service providers, private sector bodies and educational establishments.